Teacher / Principal / Professional Development
Did you know that every teacher and principal in SBCSC is eligible to apply for a grant? The South Bend Education Foundation holds endowment funds invested with The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County (CFSJC) and the Superintendent Circle. The CFSJC endowments provide over $25,000 in teacher and principal grants. The Superintendent Circle provides for two $2,500 professional development grants.
Teacher Grants are for certified professionals in SBCSC including Empowerment Zone Schools. If you have an idea that can enhance student learning in your classroom or school that aligns directly to Indiana K-12 Academic Standards. Grants range between $500.00 - $1,500.00.
Principal Grants are for building administrators in SBCSC, including Empowerment Zone Schools. If you have an idea that can enhance student learning in your building that aligns directly to Indiana K-12 Academic Standards. There are five $1,000.00 grants issued.
Professional Development Grant are for full-time certified professionals in SBCSC during the 2021-2022 academic year (including the Empowerment Zone). This may include teachers, social workers, librarians, psychologists, administrators, and/or school nurses. Any Conference or workshop sponsored by a state, regional, or national professional association or institution related to your role in the corporation. Professional Developments are for up to $2,500 each.
Before you apply:
● Do you know what kind of grant you are seeking?
● Does the grant meet one of the EDFO grant categories?
● Does your project align with state standards or school improvement goal?
● Does your supervisor approve of the project?
● Does the project require installation from the maintenance team?
● Does it involve technology?
● Do you have an idea of where to obtain items and approximate budget?
● Do you know how you are going to measure impact?