Who can apply?
Principal grants are available to building administrators in SBCSC including the Empowerment Zone Schools or are employed by SBCSC and partner with a SBCSC certified professional in the academic year.
You have an idea that can enhance student learning building that aligns directly to Indiana K-12 Academic Standards.
You need up to $1,000 for this project
You have a plan to track the impact of this project on student learning and will be able to share this information at the conclusion of the project.
PLEASE NOTE: There are a total of five (5) $1,000 grants available. Grants cannot be combined, and only $1,000 will be awarded to each school per year. Principal Grants cannot be used for Professional Development. Grants cannot be used for faculty/staff stipends or compensation.
How are Principal Grant applications scored? Click on Rubric for details
Awards have already been granted for 2022.
Please use the questions below to help organize your thoughts, then click on link to start the application process.
Questions on Application/Information requested
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone
- Are you the Principal?
- If no, please fill in the Principal's name here:
- Principal's email address:
- School Name
- If Other, please fill in your school or building name here:
- What type of grant are you applying for?
- If you have additional team members you would like to include, please add their contact information here.
- Click the plus sign to start adding team members!
- Project Title
- Focus of the Project
- If you selected "Other", please explain:
- Does your project more closely align with Academic Standards or School Improvement Goals?
- Academic Content Area
- Indiana Academic Standards or Improvement Priorities Addressed
- School Improvement Plan
- Any additional goals addressed:
- Approximate number of students who will benefit
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Does your project involve technology?
- Is parent/guardian approval needed?
- I am aware of South Bend policies and will ensure that they are followed.
- You will need verification from Patrick Stalvey for all technology grant requests.
- Does your project involve installation?
- You will need verification from Mike Szymanski
- Briefly describe the proposed project. Include how it will be tied to the Indiana Academic Standards and/or School Improvement Goal to the priorities established by your School Improvement Plan
- Indiana Academic Standard or School Improvement Goal
- Anticipated Measurable Outcomes
- How will you measure this?
- Other anticipated outcomes that may not be measurable
- Could this project be replicated in other locations?
- If yes, how could this be done?
- Outline ways that your project might help raise the profile of the South Bend Education Foundation.
- Please upload your budget document here:
- Please enter your total budget / grant request amount
- Please upload supplemental budget documentation here
- Please enter the contact information for Brandon White who will be reviewing and verifying all Principal grant applications.
- An email from Kaleidoscope will automatically go out to Brandon upon your entry of his information. Brandon's contact information is below:
- Brandon White