Professional Development Grants
Your participation in the event/training/class will contribute to your own Professional Development as it relates to your current role, as well as have a direct impact on the learning of students and/or professional development of colleagues.
Professional Development Grants of up to $2,500 may be used for:
- Conference Registration
- Professional Association Membership
- Subscriptions to publications from Professional Associations
- Per diem for food and lodging
- Materials purchased related to conference that are used for classroom or building purposes
- PD Grants not be used for stipends or compensation.
- Only costs directly associated with the conference will be covered. (For example, days before or after the conference set aside for personal time will not be included.)
- grants cannot be used to cover fees for additional credentials. certification, or license.
- Potential recipients must be able to provide an explanation for a direct correlation between the PD activities and enhance student learning or faculty development beyond the individual participant.
- Recipients will be expected to formally present findings and information from the PD activity to other professionals in the building to share what was learned and broaden its impact.
How are Professional Development Grant applications scored? Click on Rubric for details.
Awards have already been granted for 2022.
Please use the questions below to help organize your thoughts, then click on link to start the application process.
Questions on Application/Information Requested
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone
- Current Position:
- If Other, please fill in your school or building name here:
- What type of grant are you applying for?
- Have you received a professional development grant from the Education Foundation in the past?
- If yes, what year?
- Please attach a copy of your final grant report for the most recent professional development grant received.
- Please provide an Emergency Contact here:
- Emergency Contact Email:
- Emergency Contact Phone
- If you have additional team members you would like to include, please add their contact information here.
- Name of conference or title of workshop
- Conference/workshop dates
- Conference/workshop location
- Date(s) you plan to attend:
- Please provide a link to the Conference website here:
- What is the cost of the conference registration?
- Please upload a screenshot or documentation to verify the cost of attending this conference here:
- Are you a member of this professional association?
- Are you requesting any membership fees be included in the grant allotment?
- If yes, what is that cost?
- How many meals do you anticipate you will need covered?
- Total approximate cost for all meals needed:
- Please upload your budget document here:
- Does your professional development experience include travel and accommodations?
- Please upload screenshots/documentation for your travel costs
- What are your transportation costs?
- What are your accommodation plans?
- Please upload screenshots or documentation for your accommodation plans
- Why have you selected this Professional Development opportunity specifically?
- How would your participation in this PD opportunity relate directly to Indiana Academic Standards, School Improvement Goals, or other strategic goals for your building or the corporation?
- Have you participated in this conference or workshop in the past?
- If yes, why do you want to return?
- What other Professional Development activities or training have you undertaken that relate to this conference or workshop?
- How will you benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Will participation in this opportunity qualify you for additional roles in your building or the corporation?
- How do you plan to continue or support your growth in this area after participating in this opportunity?
- How will K-12 students benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Regarding K-12 benefits, how will you assess/measure this?
- How will your colleagues benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Regarding your colleagues, how will you assess/measure this benefit?
- Please enter the contact information for your school principal and Brandon White that will be signing off on your grant application.