Who can apply for a Teacher Grant?
- Teacher grants are available to certified professionals in SBCSC (including the Empowerment Zone Schools) in the 2021-2022 academic year (or are employed by SBCSC and partner with a SBCSC certified professional in the academic year)
- You have an idea that can enhance student learning in your classroom or school that aligns directly to Indiana K-12 Academic Standards.
- You need between $500-$1,500 for this project
- You have a plan to track the impact of this project on student learning and will be able to share this information at the conclusion of the project.
- PLEASE NOTE: TG may be used for classroom or building wide. They cannot be used for travel or professional development. If this interests you, apply for the Professional Development Grant. They cannot be used for stipends or compensation.
Grants are due by April 13th at 4:00 PM
Access the Teacher grant application here:
South Bend Education Foundation grants $21,000 dollars worth of teacher grants annually. These grants are a result of multiple family endowments held at the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County, that were created and have grown over the years.
Thank you to the families that established the following grants which allow us to support our students and schools.
James M. Wilson - $1,500
M. Mendel Piser - $1,000
Mark Tulchinsky - $1,500
David F. Hendrix - $500
Kurt Simon - $1,500
Don & Peggy Claey's Family - $1,500
Marjorie Wilson - $1,500
Bob & Peg Laven - $1,500
Casper Warner - $500
Karen Schirmer - $500
James D. Metz - $500
Nancy Tarnow Bartels - $1,500
Patricia Tollens - $1,500
Maritza Robles - $500
Roland Kelly - $500
Ann & Fred Dean - $1,500
Early Childhood Development:
Bauer Family - $1,500
Wegner & Porter - $500