Who can apply?
Principal grants are available to building administrators in SBCSC including the Empowerment Zone Schools or are employed by SBCSC and partner with a SBCSC certified professional in the academic year.
You have an idea that can enhance student learning building that aligns directly to Indiana K-12 Academic Standards.
You need up to $1,000 for this project
You have a plan to track the impact of this project on student learning and will be able to share this information at the conclusion of the project.
PLEASE NOTE: There are a total of five (5) $1,000 grants available. Grants cannot be combined, and only $1,000 will be awarded to each school per year. Principal Grants cannot be used for Professional Development. Grants cannot be used for faculty/staff stipends or compensation.
Please do not use acronyms in your application. Spell out every word.
How are Principal Grant applications scored? Click on Rubric for details
The 2024-2025 Principal Grant application opens on December 1, 2023!
The application will close on Wednesday, April 10, 2024, at 4 p.m.
Please use the questions below to help organize your thoughts, then click on link to start the application process.
Questions on Application/Information requested
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone
- Are you the Principal?
- If no, please fill in the Principal's name here:
- Principal's email address:
- School Name
- If Other, please fill in your school or building name here:
- What type of grant are you applying for?
- If you have additional team members you would like to include, please add their contact information here.
- Click the plus sign to start adding team members!
- Project Title
- Focus of the Project
- If you selected "Other", please explain:
- Does your project more closely align with Academic Standards or School Improvement Goals?
- Academic Content Area
- Indiana Academic Standards or Improvement Priorities Addressed
- School Improvement Plan
- Any additional goals addressed:
- Approximate number of students who will benefit
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Does your project involve technology?
- Is parent/guardian approval needed?
- I am aware of South Bend policies and will ensure that they are followed.
- You will need verification from Patrick Stalvey for all technology grant requests.
- Does your project involve installation?
- You will need verification from Mike Szymanski
- Briefly describe the proposed project. Include how it will be tied to the Indiana Academic Standards and/or School Improvement Goal to the priorities established by your School Improvement Plan
- Indiana Academic Standard or School Improvement Goal
- Anticipated Measurable Outcomes
- How will you measure this?
- Other anticipated outcomes that may not be measurable
- Could this project be replicated in other locations?
- If yes, how could this be done?
- Outline ways that your project might help raise the profile of the South Bend Education Foundation.
- Please upload your budget document here:
- Please enter your total budget / grant request amount
- Please upload supplemental budget documentation here
- Please enter the contact information for Diamond Robinson who will be reviewing and verifying all Principal grant applications.
- An email from Kaleidoscope will automatically go out to Diamond upon your entry of his information. Diamond's contact information is below:
- Diamond Robinson