Professional Development Grants
Your participation in the event/training/class will contribute to your own Professional Development as it relates to your current role, as well as have a direct impact on the learning of students and/or professional development of colleagues.
Professional Development Grants of up to $2,500 may be used for:
- Conference Registration
- Professional Association Membership
- Subscriptions to publications from Professional Associations
- Per diem for food and lodging
- Materials purchased related to conference that are used for classroom or building purposes
- Professional Development Grants can not be used for stipends or compensation.
- Only costs directly associated with the conference will be covered. (For example, days before or after the conference set aside for personal time will not be included.)
- grants cannot be used to cover fees for additional credentials. certification, or license.
- Potential recipients must be able to provide an explanation for a direct correlation between the PD activities and enhance student learning or faculty development beyond the individual participant.
- Recipients will be expected to formally present findings and information from the PD activity to other professionals in the building to share what was learned and broaden its impact.
- Please do not use acronyms in your application. Spell out every word.
How are Professional Development Grant applications scored? Click on Rubric for details.
The 2024-2025 Professional Development Grant application will open on December 1, 2023!
The application will close on Wednesday, April 10, 2024, at 4 p.m.
Please use the questions below to help organize your thoughts, then click on link to start the application process.
Questions on Application/Information Requested
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone
- Current Position:
- If Other, please fill in your school or building name here:
- What type of grant are you applying for?
- Have you received a professional development grant from the Education Foundation in the past?
- If yes, what year?
- Please attach a copy of your final grant report for the most recent professional development grant received.
- Please provide an Emergency Contact here:
- Emergency Contact Email:
- Emergency Contact Phone
- If you have additional team members you would like to include, please add their contact information here.
- Name of conference or title of workshop
- Conference/workshop dates
- Conference/workshop location
- Date(s) you plan to attend:
- Please provide a link to the Conference website here:
- What is the cost of the conference registration?
- Please upload a screenshot or documentation to verify the cost of attending this conference here:
- Are you a member of this professional association?
- Are you requesting any membership fees be included in the grant allotment?
- If yes, what is that cost?
- How many meals do you anticipate you will need covered?
- Total approximate cost for all meals needed:
- Please upload your budget document here:
- Does your professional development experience include travel and accommodations?
- Please upload screenshots/documentation for your travel costs
- What are your transportation costs?
- What are your accommodation plans?
- Please upload screenshots or documentation for your accommodation plans
- Why have you selected this Professional Development opportunity specifically?
- How would your participation in this PD opportunity relate directly to Indiana Academic Standards, School Improvement Goals, or other strategic goals for your building or the corporation?
- Have you participated in this conference or workshop in the past?
- If yes, why do you want to return?
- What other Professional Development activities or training have you undertaken that relate to this conference or workshop?
- How will you benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Will participation in this opportunity qualify you for additional roles in your building or the corporation?
- How do you plan to continue or support your growth in this area after participating in this opportunity?
- How will K-12 students benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Regarding K-12 benefits, how will you assess/measure this?
- How will your colleagues benefit directly from this Professional Development opportunity?
- Regarding your colleagues, how will you assess/measure this benefit?
- Please enter the contact information for your school principal and Brandon White that will be signing off on your grant application.